Each year, the Ennes Educational Foundation Trust offers scholarships to deserving candidates who aspire to a career in the technical aspects of broadcasting. Scholarship awards are used for tuition, room and board or textbook costs at post-secondary educational institutions, or for other technical training programs approved by the Scholarship Committee. Preference will be given to applicants who are SBE members; however, any individuals otherwise eligible, including graduating high school seniors, are encouraged to apply. Scholarships within the program include:
- John H. Battison SBE Founder’s Scholarship (open to anyone)
- Harold E. Ennes Scholarship (open to anyone)
- Youth Scholarship (specifically for graduating high school seniors)
- Robert D. Greenberg Scholarship (open to anyone)
- Gino Ricciardelli Scholarship (open to anyone)
A minimum of three $2,500 scholarships will be awarded in 2021.
Donations to the schaolarship fund can be sent to the SBE National Office. Please note which scholarship you would like your donation to be applied.
Scholarship applications must be filed each year by July 1. Announcement of the recipients will be made by August 1, with grants available for the fall semester of the same year.