- Course Description
- Table of Contents
- About the Author
- SBE Recertification Credit
- Enrollment Information
- Preview the Course
- Frequently Asked Questions
Photo Courtesy of Frontline Communications
This course, designed for non-technical personnel, covers the basics necessary to produce a safe, good quality field produced shot from both microwave based vehicles and satellite uplink vehicles. We begin with a concentration on safety, advance to the basics of microwave principles and operation, then on to audio, video, various IFB techniques, lighting basics, use of wireless microphones and some advanced applications.
By the conclusion of the course the
participant should possess the basics required to set up a good live shot from the field and understand the safe practices involved in the application of typical remote news gathering equipment.
- Course Introduction
- Introduction to the Mobile Electronic News Gathering System
- Vehicle and Systems Operational Checks
- IFB – Interruptible Fold Back
- Advanced Topics
- Addendum – California OSHA Regulations
This course was written for SBE by Mike Seaver, CBT. Mike Seaver has spent the past 50 years working in the broadcast field. He has served in almost every capacity of the business, including 18 years as regional director of engineering for a major television group. Seaver is a Certified Broadcast Technologist and serves as vice chairman of SBE Chapter 49. Currently he operates Seaver Management and Consulting Services of Quincy, L.
Ed Williams, CPBE, edited the course. Williams is a 30-plus year veteran of radio and TV broadcasting and has spent his career designing, building, renovating and rebuilding facilities of all kinds. He led the design and installation effort for Meredith’s Phoenix Centralcasting Facility located at KPHO. He has been an SBE member since the early 1990’s and has been certified for nearly 20 years.
The completion of a course through SBE University qualifies for 1 credit, identified under Category I of the Recertification Schedule for SBE Certifications.
To register for the course, click on the link below. You may register using VISA, MasterCard or American Express.
In consideration of being permitted to enroll in and participate in the SBE University Course on ENG Truck Operations, you acknowledge, agree and represent as follows:
- That there are certain conditions in ENG truck operations that are potentially dangerous and which involve the risk of bodily harm, injury or death. These risks and dangers can be caused by my actions or inactions, the actions or inactions of others, or the circumstances of particular activities involving ENG Truck operations.
- In taking this course, and in utilizing the knowledge imparted by the course in any activities that I may pursue during or after this course, I am not relying on the Society of Broadcast Engineers, Inc., or its directors, officers, employees or agents, or anyone associated with the course in any capacity whatsoever for insuring or protecting me in any respect against injury, harm, death or any loss of any kind.
- I hereby release, discharge, and covenant not to sue the SBE, its officers, directors, employees and/or agents under any circumstances whatsoever, or the presenters, participants or sponsors of the SBE University Course from all liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, or harm suffered by me or caused by me as the result of reliance on or use of the knowledge imparted to me by virtue of my participation in the SBE University Course, and from any claims of negligence on the part of SBE, its officers, directors, employees and/or agents . Furthermore, should any person acting on my behalf, notwithstanding this release, institute any action against any of the “releasees” listed herein, I will indemnify, save and hold harmless each and all of them from any litigation expenses, attorney’s fees, or other costs or liability whatsoever.
By purchasing the SBE ENG Truck Operations course, the purchaser acknowledges that he or she has read, understands and agrees with the foregoing.
SBE Member Price: $85
Non-Member Price: $105