Add Power to Your Profession
Join the SBE
The SBE wants your help in recruiting new members, and you can win rewards for your efforts. Sponsor a new Member, Associate Member or Sustaining Member between March 1 and May 31, 2021, and you will be eligible for the prize drawings. For each approved new member application you sponsor you will earn $5 off your 2022 membership dues, up to $25. If you recruit three or more Regular or Associate Members, or one Sustaining Member, you will also receive an upgrade to SBE MemberPlus for the remainder of the 2021 membership period. (If you already hold SBE MemberPlus, the benefit will be added for 2022.)
Each new member application may have only one sponsor. Applications must be received at the SBE National Office between March 1 and May 31, 2021, to be eligible. Drawing for all prizes will be completed by June 15, 2021.
New members are welcome throughout the year. Here’s the link to the member application: SBE Membership application
A trip to the SBE National Meeting currently planned to be held during the 2021 NAB Show in Las Vegas in October. Prize package includes round trip airfare for one from within the continental US to the meeting; and two nights at a Las Vegas hotel to be determined, up to $500.
From the SBE
- SBE logoed items
- A copy of SBE CertPreview
- One free SBE Webinars by SBE registration
- One $25 gift certificate for the SBE Store/SBE Bookstore
- An SBE-logoed hat
- Two SBE coffee mugs and magnets
Donated by Sustaining Members
- Blackmagic Design: ATEM Mini Pro and ATEM Streaming Bridge
- Comark: two insulated tumblers and a zippered portfolio
- Davicom/Comlab: Digital Temperature Probe Interface (DTPI) with two temperature sensors
- Dielectric: two Dielectric-logoed polo shirts
- Heartland Video Systems: $100 Amazon Gift card; Rocketbook Matrix smart notebook; zippered throw and tote bag; wireless charger and mini notebook; notebook and mousepad; travel pack (USB stick, mini-light, luggage tag and more)
- LBA Group: $250 gift certificate for LBA University courses
- Orban: 1101e card and breakout cable
- Shively Labs: $200 Amazon gift card
- Telos Alliance: Omnia Volt and a Telos swag pack
- Tieline: $25 gift cards to Amazon, Dunkin (2), and Starbucks
Additional prizes will be announced as they are provided.
Golden Recruiter Award
This award recognizes a chapter in each size division recruiting the most new members during the Membership Drive.
Category A and B are based on chapter enrollment, Class A represents chapters whose membership is less than the national median. Class B includes chapters with a membership greater than the national median. Plaques will be awarded during the SBE National Meeting and Awards Program in October.
Membership Drive FAQs
Where do I find new members? Prospective members can be non-members attending chapter meetings, fellow engineers at work or other stations, suppliers or educators.
How do I get credit for new members? Direct prospective members to the SBE website to join online or provide them with a copy of the membership application and ask him/her to fill in your name on the line “Sponsor’s Name/Who introduced you to SBE.” Once the new member’s membership application has been approved, your name will be placed in the prize drawing, which takes place in June 2020.
Official Rules: Only members of the SBE in good standing (national dues paid) are eligible. All applications are subject to approval by the admissions committee per the SBE By-laws. Only sponsorships of new applications for Member, Associate Member and Sustaining Members are eligible for the prize drawings. Each approved application will earn $5 off the recruiter’s 2022 membership dues, up to $25. Each new member application may have only one sponsor. Applications must be received at the SBE National Office between March 1 and May 31, 2021, to be eligible. Drawing for all prizes will be completed by June 28, 2021. Winners will be notified by mail. Grand prize winner may choose $500 cash in lieu of the trip package. There are no other prize substitutions. Winners are responsible for any taxes on prizes. Employees of the SBE and their family members are not eligible to win. Contest void where prohibited. Entrants agree that their name and likeness may be used by the Society of Broadcast Engineers, Inc. for promotional purposes.