The Society of Broadcast Engineers files comments with the Federal Communications Commission on technical issues that affect broadcast engineers. The society’s positions are approved by the board of directors and comments are prepared by the SBE Government Relations Committee and/or general counsel. Comments and suggestions may be sent to GRC@sbe.org.
(Our apologies – some older links are no longer available)
- SBE Comments on 2GHz Spectrum Use for Commercial Space Launches (August 2, 2021) Comments to the NPRM in ET Docket No. 13-115
- SBE Comments on WMAS in TV Bands (28 July 2021) Comments to the NPRM in ET Docket No. 21-115
- SBE Motion on C-Band Lump-sum Reimbursement (17 August 2020) Request for extension of time for stations to file
- SBE Comments on All-digital AM Broadcasting (9 March 2020) Comments on public notice DA 20-23 in response to the notice of proposed rulemaking to establish rules governing all-digital AM broadcasting
- SBE Ex Parte Comments on Unlicensed use of 6.5 GHz Band 18 February 2020) Comments on FCC proposal to permit high-power, unlicensed broadband devices to operate indoors in the so-called U-NII-6 and U-NII-8 bands, i.e. 6425-6525 MHz and 6875-7125 MHz
- GN Docket 18-122/GN Docket GN 17-183 Expanding Flexible Use of the 3.7 to 4.2 GHz Band (29 October 2018) Comments on the FCC public notice
- Docket 16-191 Technological Advisory Council Noise Floor Technical Inquiry (12 August 2016) Comments on the FCC public notice
- Docket 13-249 AM Improvement (21 March 2016) SBE comments on further notice of proposed rulemaking and the combined notice of inquiry
- ET Docket 12-338 and ET Docket 15-99 Spectrum sharing in the 6.5 GHz Band(31 Aug 2015) SBE comments object to proposed flight test telemetry uses
- MB Docket 15-146 and GN Docket 12-268 Preservation of One Vacant UHF Channel for WSD and WM (3 Aug 2015) SBE Comments on MB Docket 15-146 and GN Docket 12-268 suggesting the FCC allocate spectrum for use by wireless mics.
- MB Dockets 12-107 and 11-43 Waiver Petition for Emergency Information Requirements (9 Apr 2015) SBE comments on MB Dockets 12-107 and 11-43 for a six-month extension to the emergency crawl deadline.
- WT Docket 15-36, RM-11648 and RM-11649 Modenizing RPU Rules (3 Apr 2015) SBE comments on WT Docket 15-36, RM-11648 and RM-11649 relating to remote pickup broadcast auxiliary stations.
- GN Docket 14-166 Long-term Need for Wireless Mic Spectrum (4 Feb 2015) SBE comments on GN 14-166 and GN 12-268 for spectrum for wireless mics and low-power auxiliary service devices
- EB Docket 04-296 Review of the Emergency Alert System (8/14/2014) SBE’s response to the NPRM FCC 14-93, pertaining to rule changes.
- ET Docket 13-213 Globalstar MSS ATC at 2473-2500 MHz (5/5/2014)
- SBE Comments to FINAL AM Improvement Docket (2/7/2014)
- SBE Comments to FCC Notice of Proposed Rulemaking, PS Docket 109-19 Traveler’s Information Stations (TIS) (9/18/13)
- Final Comments on RPU PRM 11648 – use by BAS licensees of digital voice and data emissions in BAS allocations at VHF and above by RPU Broadcast Stations (1/19/12)
- Update – December 8, 2011. The FCC has assigned a docket number to the SBE rulemaking proposal: WT-RM-11648. Comments are due by 1/21/2012.
- RPU Petition for Rule Making (11/7/11)
- RPU Temporary Waiver Request (11/7/11)
- Mann Foundation Ex Parte Docket 09-36 (6/29/11) *
- Further Comments to FCC on 7 & 13 GHz Fixed Services Sharing Docket (6/29/11) *
- Comments to the FCC on 7 & 13 Fixed Services Sharing Docket (11/03/10) *
- EAS 180 Day Clock Extension (10/21/10)